STEP is the global professional association for practitioners who specialise in family inheritance and succession planning. We work to improve public understanding of the issues families face in this area and promote education and high professional standards among our members.
Today we have 21,000 members across 96 countries from a range of professions, including lawyers, accountants and other specialists.
By joining STEP, practitioners and employers benefit from quality education and resources, professional recognition, and international connections. There are three routes to membership, depending on a practitioner's level of experience and qualifications.
Find out more at www.step.org
Why join STEP?
Grow with quality education and resources
- Our extensive suite of qualifications, from certificates to our diploma programme, provides specialist knowledge and skills to help you develop in your career.
- Technical resources, from the monthly STEP Journal and quarterly TQR, to briefing notes, research reports and regular news updates, keep you up-to-date with the latest industry developments.
- Seminars, conferences, and web events on a local, national and international level provide technical updates from leading experts to keep you at the top of your game.
Grow with professional recognition
- STEP members are recognised as experts by employers, governments, regulators, clients and practitioners across the world, enhancing your credibility and status.
- Full Members can use the TEP designation and STEP logo to give clients and employers confidence that you possess the specialist knowledge and skills required, and adhere to our Code of Professional Conduct
- Opportunities to get involved, from writing for our publications and speaking at events, to contributing to technical and policy debate, enable you to raise your professional profile.
Grow with international connections
- Our online member directory ensures you are visible to both potential clients and other professionals who may require your services.
- International events and online communities bring together practitioners from different fields and different jurisdictions, providing business development opportunities that can add real value to you, your business and your clients.
- Special Interest Groups provide you with the opportunity to exchange knowledge with people who work in your specialist area, all around the world.